View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
mcfearless

Originally Posted by lucyloo14 View Post
Good morning from the UK! This is me at day one feeling very embarrassed because the last time I was on this sight I was doing great and now I have faced up to the fact that I have well and truly crashed. This should be me stopped for 5 months but a few weeks ago I really fancied that nice glass of chilled white wine in the sunshine, I could do it just one one -couldn't i? Well no I couldn't and I have slipped right back into my old routine finishing work at 6pm and by 6:05pm glass of wine in hand followed by the bottle if not one and a half.

Last night having drank every night for 2 weeks, I drank nearly 2 bottles of wine and pretty much pissed off my whole family - I can't even remember all of it! - this mornings silent treatment really got to me. I deserve it, I would not stop even when they begged me and now I feel so stupid. I am tired and grumpy with no energy and i know I am drinking myself to an early grave.

Why couldn't I just stay off it? I was so positive and determined. Am I kidding myself that I can get back on the wagon and stay on it? how have people managed it? I want to stop this time, I really do but I am so scared that I can't. I hate seeing the disappointment in my family's eyes and just saying sorry simply won't cut it this time.

Silly me thought I had cracked it after a month or so and didn't need to keep on this site - how wrong was I?

Please help me sort this.
Thanks
Sadly the consensus seems to be that once you're wired to be an alcoholic, you will always be wired that way. It doesn't matter how long you stop it seems. Somewhere along the line you're just going to have the make peace with the fact that you are an alcoholic, and therefore you can not drink alcohol in a healthy or moderate way. So you're better off avoiding it all together.