Thread: Nutrition?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 02:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ToriGirl
Recovering from 10 yrs of Weed

When I decided to quit weed I knew I had to start eating healthy at the same time. Cause I would be sober and want to feel good about myself..but couldn't get really excited because I would be over weight. So for me it was about getting healthy. I wanted to be clean of drugs and also be healthy.

I started juicing. I bought a juicer and juiced every kind of fruit and vegetable. My favorite is Carrot, Apple, Beet, Cucumber..you can also add a little bit of spinach for more vitamins. This also helps you get into eating fruits and vegetables. Because I wasn't too keen on the idea of eating them..but juicing them was easier. Drinking the juice every morning gives me energy and also fills me up for a few hours.

I also read the Dr Phil book about weight loss. It really helped. he talks about filling your kitchen with foods that are good for you. So when you are hungry no matter what you grab..it will be good for you. Just like drugs or alcohol..eliminate the bad foods from your kitchen and that will make it easier to stay away from them.

I bought a low fat cook book for ideas. And also read the book "Eat more, Weigh Less" by Dr Dean Ornish for more ideas on what foods to stock in my kitchen. There are so many good foods listed..that I don't feel like I am on a "diet" or feel depraved. There are low fat foods that are just as good as fat foods...they are even better..cause you feel better after eating them....Then you will notice..that McDonalds food doesn't taste good anymore.

Also, I would suggest going to the chiropractor. Getting an allignment really helps with weightloss and digestion in general. I went today and I feel really good.

And some moderate exercise..like walking or just some simple stretches while you are watching TV is all you need to do ..to get started.

I hope you try some of these things. I have been doing them for a month now..and been clean for a month...I am finally feeling really good and my body is getting leaner. It wasn't easy at times...but now my body craves the good food and the moderate exercise. I think it is helping flush my system out of all the toxins I put in there when I was doing drugs.

I really hope this helps.