Thread: Nutrition?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 11:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wantneeda
Miss Behavin'

Hi Lilalkie...i'm in the same boat..a few llbs around the middle that i'm just not likin'!!!!!I just started a small plan that i think i'll like...i'm trying to walk every day..it was suggested that i do it for 30 minutes..and once a week go for 60 minutes..personally i start smaller if i don't think i can handle it...i'm still new to recovery so baby steps right? If i overwhelm myself then i'm more likely to throw the towel in. So,start with a couple of stretches...and start my walk at a normal pace and lead up to walking as if i were late for work... I take my discman with me and sing to my hearts content...lol i don't care who hears me...or sees me at this point...i'm doing it for me!!!

After 2 days of walking for 20 minutes my legs are sore...but persistence will get me over this hump...
Also my sister shared some excercises for me to do...remember baby steps so:
this is a three day rotation...
Day 1- Walking lunges...short distance..,as many as i'm comfortable doing...i can build up my reps later
crunches- 3 different ways...knees bent...legs straight...legs open in a V
pushups...even against the wall...as many as i can handle

Day 2-tricep dips(i'm using my couch-arms behind me on the couch-legs out straight take my butt to the floor-as many as i can do
leg lifts-on all fours, lifting my legs behind me

Day 3-stretching. Breathe deeply during-
I find if i do the excercises immediately after my walk it works for me.

this is all really simple but effective. As for eating?..breakfast is very important.Oatmeal is really good for breakfast, or eggs and toast(protien), i eat a fruit before i walk and breakfast after.
Carbs are good for lunch, lots of veggies
a big salad, fish chicken....just a good supper. Drink lots of water. Try to eliminate sugar, caffiene and white flour(apparently they keep us craving)
healthy snacks that aren't full of empty calories.
Don't know if this interests you but it's what i'm trying right now...if you do find a website that you like let me know!
\\//Wendy