View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rc4dt1

Thanks all... yes, I completely understand that the feedback I gather here is not medical advice. I recognize it entirely as you all sharing your experiences, which is all I can ask for.

I do exercise, lifting weights and running 5 or 6 days a week (maybe I will try doing some pushups when I roll out of bed to cope with that early morning dread). I definitely do not eat a lot of junk food but I did just switch from artificial sweetener to sugar for my coffee. I would like to give up the coffee/caffeine but it seems to be the only thing I really look forward to nowadays, really. I suppose I used to say the same thing about drugs/alcohol.... hmm.

I do go to AA and I work the steps with a sponsor. I could increase my number of meetings but I already go to 2 or 3 a week. To be honest, thinking I need to go to more meetings on top of all the other work I am already doing is quite discouraging.

What resonates most is that I need to just keep plugging along, recognizing small victories, patting myself on the back when I do the next right thing, and be grateful for the blessings I have. Maybe it's the addict in me that expects a faster road to happiness or a quick fix.

Thanks again