Thread: Bittersweet
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
allmirages

Gettingstronger1 - your story is almost exactly like mine. My exbf is about 8 mo sober, dumped me for some rehab girl(s) (he's playing the field of fellow AA/rehab women) and only associates with fellow rehab people. He is remorseless, self absorbed, still a compulsive liar, self righteous (everyone else now is an alcoholic or martyr, etc) turned his back on me and the few family members that stood by him...I could go on but you get the idea. I was so thankful he was going to rehab but as he went through the program, he became this awful person. He is sober....YES....but that's it. The sweet, caring, affectionate, compassionate, successful, proud person I knew long ago and loved is long gone. I've been struggling to accept that his character defects that I thought were drug related....are actually his true self. The saying "when someone shows you their real self...believe it" is painfully true! I want nothing to do with the person he actually IS. The fantasy of what I thought he COULD Be....is GONE.

Killerinstinct - I am sorry for your pain. Please do what is right for you! Hugs!