View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
TastyCheez

Originally Posted by Mad4Chaos View Post
Wow, I never looked at it that way. I was exactly the same. I just needed some time. I very rarely drank with my Wife around. If she was going to visit a friend or be home late from work, I would mentally calculate the time I needed to get a good buzz, recover & be semi-able to handle myself by the time she got home. I'd sometimes leave work early to get a head start. Then I'd set myself an amount I could drink in that time period she would be gone & also a cut off time. Then I'd pound the beer & shots until that time. My body processed the booze so quick that I'd be pretty ok an hour after I stopped drinking. Still red eyed & red faced, but able to carry on a conversation. She didn't like the state I was in, but she tolerated it.

As I re-read the paragraph I typed, it's really sad that I let alcohol dominate my thoughts to that extent. It seems like I learn new things about myself & my disease everyday I read the post here. Thanks Tosh.

Brian
I know this is a very old post...but its still very much relevant.

I hear ya Brian. That is basically me in a nutshell right there. I would even consider it a "win" and "proof" that I don't have a problem when I chose a restaurant for dinner that didn't have alcohol. The next day, with my new found proof, I'd do it all over again.

I just found this site because I was looking for a link between alcohol and my brain fog. Saw your post and thought wow...damn...I have a problem. And it's very much active. I can't have just one because I am not productive if I stop, I get lazy. But if I keep going, 3...4...6...8...and I'm working on the computer too then I feel productive. Next thing I know I've had 12 and am still totally sober...problem...