View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Venecia

A couple nice days on this end. And thanks, Adv, for your kind comments. Appreciate it!

Yesterday, I went home and took Mom for a drive down the Mississippi. In the last 30 years or so, the area has begun to really capitalize on its natural beauty. There are sweet little shops and restaurants. I took Mom to one of our all-time favorite places to eat, a place we'd not visited in years. It was so good to spend time with her on a sunny day, enjoyed at a leisurely pace.

A couple shots:

This one made me think of Orn.

Today at work, one of my colleagues came to my office to let my know a package arrived for me.

It contained two fantastic photos of the Stones concert. I'm professional friends with a photographer I've hired for a few gigs in my previous work and who is hired by my colleague from time to time in my current workplace. I'd left congrats on his FB page for getting the Stones gig for a magazine and then kudos for the quality of the work he shared ... and I'm guessing he saw me babbling on like crazed teeny bopper on my FB page about the concert.

The photos are 8 x 10 and came with a matte. They're exceptional -- we're talking work from one of the very best photogs in these parts, a pro who is respected nationally. One is a close-up of Mick and the other shows all four of the Stones. The photogs were given eight minutes to capture the concert at the beginning so I'm guessing the pics show the band doing "Jumpin' Jack Flash." I'm going to have them framed and hang them prominently in my home. I began scoping locations (after the thank-you note, of course!) right away.

It's an amazing thing to have someone do something so remarkably kind for no real reason other than that it is a nice thing to do. I'm still happily stunned and grateful.