Old 06-15-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
veedawalk

Withdrawals

I was only 20 last year when I would drink excessively. My drink of choice every day for 8 months was 100 Smirnoff vodka. That bottle to myself started off lasting two days then only one day. Of course vodka wasn't all I drank. I drank pretty much anything I could and would be disappointed if it wasn't strong. I drank so much because I was afraid of the withdrawals and was dependent on people..if that makes any sense. Anyway, withdrawals started off as having nightmares, jerking awake every few minutes, insomnia, and no appetite. Then it started to lead up to shaking, anxiety, prickly needles all over my body that itch, paranoia, sweats, body was so weak I could barely walk. By December, I experienced my name being whispered in three different voices every second over and over in my head until I would finally have two strong mixed drinks then they'd go away for a while. I would experience scary hallucinations. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw frightening images. I would stare at my "popcorn ceiling" and see scary faces staring and smiling at me. I couldn't breathe. And all of this would occur after only a few hours of not having anything to drink. My last day of this torture was January 19. I was puking every 5-10 minutes for 12 hours and catching a plane home. I live in a little village and my mom is a health aid. She took me to the clinic and put me on an IV, injected medicine. Finally the puking stopped. Now it was time to deal with the withdrawals, the voices, the shakes and nightmares. They lasted a week until I was feeling normal again.
I was sober for three months after that until I fell off of the wagon..every day I deal with temptations and regret for letting myself get like that.
Sorry my response was so long (and poor grammar!) Thanks for reading.