Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Nothing worse than people talking to you in corporate BS instead of just laying it on the line. I can understand why that, and the fear for your job would have you feeling pretty rubbish right now - resentful about their BS and fearful for your job. The thing is, those fears and resentment aren't going to help your sobriety, or help you show yourself at your best.

You are resourceful and valuable. You have battled addiction and depression and won. They'd be crazy to not keep you. But you may need to be accepting of the changes that you have no control over in the meantime.

I once heard someone use an analogy of learning to ski when talking about dealing with their fear. They said that because they'd been scared they'd subconsciously been leaning up and back when they approached a bend, resulting in them falling every time. When they finally took the advice they were given to use that feeling of fear as an indicator of when they needed to lean forward harder, they made the bend better (not perfectly straight away - but their chances of getting round it were significantly increased). I don't know why that analogy worked for me (having never been skiing) but it's come in handy lots of times since I heard it, and I often find myself mentally taking a deep breath and 'leaning forward into the bends' in my metaphorical daily journey.

Good luck