View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
amazeme

Orange is the New Black

Totally binged on season 3 OITNB this weekend, just wrapped it. Don't want to ruin it for anyone but, the final scene was very powerful and I saw a metaphor there due to what we all are going through. All I will say is breaking out, to see the light...whenever I watch any type of Prison Show I'm usually in tears lol yes I'm a crybaby. It started with Prison Break, then OITNB, and even Wentworth (mustsee if you haven't)...I just could relate so much to these characters who are being held down, locked up, and always scheming ways to either make their sentence easier or pretty much break the hell out. I'd like to think of being an addict as a prison sentence, maintaining sobriety as being free, and relapsing is kinda like being on house arrest...one thing we see on some of these shows is that when an inmate gets released into the world they are always confused, unsure of their next move in the beginning...with time they end up figuring it out and become a productive member of society. Some may go back to prison but there's always a chance they will get it right the second time around.

Addiction is just a thing. We can and will beat it. What's on the schedule for me tomorrow morning? Day 15.

Cyber hug to you all.