View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by jackrussell View Post
So, what causes this neuralgia? I gather from my reading, compression of the nerve, which can have many causes. Do you, Dee, treat it with meds, or massage, or surgery, or other? My heart goes out to anybody in pain like that.
I take endep, Jack (a tricyclic antidepressant) it works most of the time but not always. I'm thinking about acupuncture next.

Originally Posted by Vet69 View Post
What are the daily readings?
Inspirational readings in the 12 step forum, Vet - like this one:

Keep It Simple
June 13

The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.
—Robert Frost

Worry—it’s a lonely activity. It puts distance between us and others. Our program is full of ideas about what to do with worry. On Step Three, we turn our will and our lives over to God. This includes worry.

Our slogans also suggest what to do with worry. One Day at a Time. Live and Let Live. Easy Does It. Let Go and Let God. Their main message is stop worrying. Trust the program. Trust your Higher Power. Everything will be okay.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, I give You my worries. Teach me how to trust again. I want to trust in You, my program, and myself.

Action for the Day: I’ll write the program slogans listed above on a piece of paper, and I’ll read them over today. I’ll let myself live them today.
I'm not in AA but they usually have something for me to chew over anyway

D