View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sleepie

Went to a benzo support group

Had to do a group thing with a benzo withdrawal group today. I was in disbelief at how common it is for people to use benzos and alcohol together, and also at how many people (like myself as far as benzos) were prescribed them, they were a Godsend- totally naive to the seriousness of their addiction and abuse potential- and the withdrawals.
I really liked this group because it was lead by a psychiatrist. It was just a small group sharing their experiences and knowledge with anxiety being the common factor.
A guy there was saying that there isn't anything specific to benzos and the benzo experience as fr as getting off them is pretty specific- so he was going to AA, NA, and another group but felt that the benzo group was the most effective. I have to say I agree. He was saying that in the groups nobody was really dealing with benzos.
And sadly, money talks. No free benzo support groups that I have ever heard of like AA and stuff... but for a fairly large sum I can go to this group. I save really hard to go. Hope it works out. The doctor suggested Naltexrone I think? About curbing cravings for alcohol?