View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
mcfearless

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Wow I wish you could get those implants in Australia. I've never heard of them before? What do they actually do?
Game of thrones fan I see ?

As far as I know you should be able to get them there. I also only heard about this a few months ago when my friend (who was hospitalized the second time after a booze and drug binge) went for it. It's legal here in South Africa (where the medical profession is very first world and legislated) and FDA approved. The side effects are little to none. It's not cheap here by our standards running at around $500(us) an implant.

Basically (my rudimentary understanding ) it inhibits your neurotransmitters in yor brain specifically dopamine and serotonin (pleasure receptors) from being able to be manipulated from outside chemicals like alcohol and drugs, Then over time your brain flushes out its collective memory and chemical addiction. The recovery rate is very high for people who follow through for 6 months (2 implants, 3 months apart) to a year(4 implants).

The science aside it has killed my cravings, anxiety and depression, heightened my mood and blocked almost all my negative thoughts. I'm 36 years old and have been a heavy drinker for around 15 years.