View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
philly76

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Strategery nailed it.

You've got distracting yourself and staying busy down Philly...but I think a recovery plan needs more - it needs to address your addiction - and a 'doing things to fill my day' plan just addresses the symptoms.

This is a good link that might help you to start thinking about what a recovery plan of yours might like look like.

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf

And no, sporadic posting is not unwelcome here by any means....but (and I'll be frank so as to dispel any tinge of passive aggressiveness) it doesn't seem to me like it's doing you much good either?

SR is great for those times when you can feel yourself slipping back into old habits - its really helped me stay committed, build the life I want, and become the man I want to be.

You've heard it before - if we want change we need to make changes.

It takes work and it takes commitment in denying that persuasive but self destructive voice.

SR can help you with that.

Posting after you slip is good too - don't misunderstand me - but posting before is better.

I hope the link will give you a better understanding of what I mean by recovery plan.

D
Thanks, and I really appreciate the frank input. I'm bookmarking the page you posted for this evening's light reading.