View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Thepatman

Originally Posted by Justincredible View Post
Hi Hopeless,

I can really relate to what you are going through. It is a complete double whammy having to experience these major events simultaneously! The thing with me is I just have to keep sobriety front and centre, and realize the key to happiness starts with maintaining sobriety. I wish there was a way to just instantly forget and move forward.

What I'm doing right now is just putting one foot in front of the next and plodding on. I have blocked my ex so that there is no text, I also went no contact, the only communication is when over the phone in regards to our co parenting. It makes things so much smoother this way. No opportunity to fight or to get bothered over something that is out of my control. I know in my heart that I can not stay sober in a relationship with her, so I stop myself from romanticizing the good times and that maybe it could work this time around. It won't and I know that.

Give it some time, give yourself some time and things will get better and exciting in new ways.

Hope this makes sense, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this. Mainly I just want to offer support from someone going through a similar situation.

Have a great day!

Justin
^^ Absolutely this. Especially If he still drinks