View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
SpiritOfDjinn
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by happytobealive1 View Post
Is it check-in week or something? Glad to hear from other Marchers who are still doing well. Pouncer, congrats on being almost done with the project! That must have taken plenty of persistence. Sisterbobby, sad to hear you're in a rougher time now. I hope the counselor works out! Remember if it's not a good fit (aka you don't like/trust/respect/feel like you can be honest around him), you always have the right to stop and find someone else. And Bobcat, 100 days? There is nothing I can say to that but wow! Just wow. What will you spend your sober winnings on?

I am still hanging in---good days and bad. Yesterday I felt completely flattened, could hardly get up and do anything. Today I feel great and have done all of the things I was supposed to do yesterday, along with today's list... go figure. Going to get my blood tested tomorrow to see if there might be something wrong causing those weird energy-zap days. I always thought it was depression or anxiety, but---it's not. (At least, I really don't think it is---anxiety can be a sneaky little sucker sometimes.)

Which is so $#^%ing AWESOME!!!!!

I'M NOT DEPRESSED!!!

Halle-frickin'-Jesus, as my brother would say.

Which is not to say that all is well and fine and dandy, but it a strange sort of relief to have days that are low-energy, flat to the ground, empty, zonked out---and not be sad. To be tired, but not sad. To be hopeful and excited for the future.

Here's to summer, and sunshine, and progress, and hope.
Glad to see you around happy! It sounds like you're fairing pretty well. No depression sounds like a major improvement right? I think many of us have those low energy days. Sometimes it's purely situational, ya know? Good luck and keep Marching, you're doing great!