View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
However, I feel that I am being admonished to stop rehashing issues that I have been talking about for weeks on this forum and do something about it.
To be honest AF I think this might be part of the problem ( you perceiving support as admonishment )...reading back through this post I see nothing but understanding and constructive suggestions. Some of the suggestions are more direct and specific, but I don't see anyone "admonishing" you from talking about these issues..if anything you are being encouraged to talk about it.

Remember that we are all alcoholics here too, and we all have personal issues and experiences that come along with that. Some want to share what has worked for them, others want to share what hasn't when we see someone heading down the wrong path. As with any recovery community, you will receive some completely unconditional/no strings attached messages of simple support, but you will also receive advice. And not all advice is what what we want to hear, even though it might be completely on target.

I