View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
SpiritOfDjinn
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
I went to a get together with a bunch of my old work friends that are in their 20's and 30's (and I am NOT), and saw how much they drink and how important it is to them, since I'm not around them all the time now I can see that is one of the reasons it has been easier for me to quit this time, I'm not around drinkers! Go figure! Sneaking up on a 100 days. I thought about how I used to feel after a night of drinking, anxious (awful anxiety), remorseful (even though I didn't do anything wrong, just knew I shouldn't have had all that booze), guilty, sad, shaking, dizzy. Wow so much fun I'm missing out on!! Life marches on, and so do we, Marchers!!! Let's keep marching!
Yeah. I know that feeling. I was talking to an old friend over Facebook yesterday and we were talking about getting together when I get back home. He was like "Man, we have to have a few beers together." I just told him straight up, I'm at 57 days sober so no beer for me thanks. He seemed okay with that. I suppose the true test of that will come when we're face to face and I still refuse that beer. Anyway, long story short, you're absolutely right, we are NOT missing out on anything. Congrats on closing in on those 100 days!