Thread: 10 months sober
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
seemedrink

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
congrats on the 10 months!!

the anxiety eases up I would imagine its eased up for you some since day one at least right?

I've had anxiety all my life it was absolutly killer when i sobered up. But now at 4 years sober it comes in waves. I'm not gonna lie I still have my issues but its nothing like it once was.

Exercise seems to help me the most. after i run i'm generally anxiety free for hours upon hours. then it builds and I need a release again.
Thank you. And yes, it's much better than it was. I literally had to be in the hospital, the attacks were so severe that my pulse would hit 200. And that would happen every 10 minutes. I needed heavy drugs to get through that or I would've completely lost my mind. I admit, those first few days (and weeks) were probably the hardest I've ever dealt with in my life.

But back to the issue, I never really had anxiety until I had my withdrawal attacks. I'm not sure if it's more an anxiety issue or a phobia at this point. I fear my pulse racing, which keeps me from exercising, which leaves me no way to vent. I don't ever want to feel that way again, and every time I feel my heart start beating my mind just starts racing, remembering that initial attack.

Time has helped the issue, but I'd honestly like to get on with my life now. I can't hold down a job if I'm running out the door every time my pulse starts racing.