View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
SpiritOfDjinn
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
Hello all--

Well I made it to 100 days. I am proud of that and it has gone by quickly.

When I woke up this morning, I was afraid I might actually drink today as I had a long-awaited meeting with my boss that doesn't like me. But the meeting went a lot better than I expected. Still stressful to be around him though. I need to find a better job.....

In 100 days, to deal with cravings, I've eaten a lot of ice cream, and had other sweets. Probably not the healthiest alternative--what do you all eat/drink to deal with cravings?

The cravings haven't been as frequent lately and I don't think of alcohol quite as much.

I think my senses are getting sharper (taste, hearing, eyesight, etc..) after not drinking for this period of time and my ability to concentrate seems to have improved. But it is probably still early yet.

So those are just my self-observations after 100 days.
Ya know, having had bosses I've loved and those I've loathed, I have to say that more often than not it's the latter. Unfortunately, great bosses are hard to come by. However, I've found that sometimes they change. At the very least, you can change their perception of you. Just give your job 100% and always keep a positive mindset. One day it will get better, even if that means finding a new job.

CONGRATS ON 100 DAYS!!! YOU ROCK!!!