Old 06-06-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Yeah Tetra, spill the beans when you're ready, you've got many fellow adventurers here who would love to hear details!

Sorry to hear about the panic attack GS. I used to have those and they were terrible, I would not wish those on my worst enemy. I am sure you're a bit shaken, but hopefully a nice quiet evening will sooth your nerves.

Cool vacation spot, FAD. South Carolina or somethin'? Looks like it by the palm trees but I could be way off!

Dinner sounds good Bimini, lots of healthy Omega 3's there. Well done!

I went "out wandering" here in this Caribbean village this afternoon, right about 5pm. I saw a live band, and hippies dancing around with their kids and some kind of family concert. It was sort of cool but I got the underlying vibe that some of the crowd might have been doing drugs, so I left. Depressing to think that people would do that with kids around - as an alcoholic and former heavy drug user, I think we all have pretty good "spider senses" and mine were tingling. After blowing that scene I walked down the main road and found an outdoor restaurant/bar that had a soccer game on, it was Colombia vs. Costa Rica. I sat down, had a club soda with lime and watched the game with some other fans. My "soft drink" order didn't startle anyone, and the restaurant owner even gave me some free chips and salsa as a bonus. I left at halftime, as I know better than to hang around the barber shop too long.

It was interesting to notice that "happy hour feeling" float around me. In the past I'd have felt anxious - scanning for chicks and hot spots, and more importantly making mental notes of potential drinking locations for the night ahead. I just ignored it and played the tape through. Been there, done that, got the mug.

Meandered back to my "cabanya" and checked in with my family on Skype. Now catching up on some TV shows and movies. I can look forward to another wonderful morning, a bike ride to a deserted beach, with a pineapple, paring knife, and bottle of water in my backpack.