View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

I think ...

I think it's perfectly possible to mature out of anything, the reasoning for this is. As any psychologist will tell you, you, as we all do, exist in the state of your mind.

The downside is, if you're a 'real alcoholic' see Chapter 3 of the Big Book and you have, like me, a metabolism that excludes the enzymes in your digestive system breaking down he carbohydrates (alcohol) at the same rate as normal social drinkers. About 1oz per hour.

So that the alcohol (drug) remains in your body for a prolonged period, allowing it to send messages to your brain. Thus creating the craving for more alcohol, that all those who are 'real alcoholics' know so well. Amongst whom, it doesn't really matter if your were born with this phenomena or drank yourself into it.

Then you really are on dangerous ground, especially if two drinks becomes three, etc.

Personally speaking, with a week short of 7 years sobriety under my belt. Alcohol plays no part in my life now, ever, however the fact that I suffer from the disease/illness of alcoholism remains with me constantly and will do so until my passing.

So rhetorically speaking, why spoil a good thing, balanced against the potential risk factors?