Old 06-05-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Hey Gang!

Gilmer ~ Kewlio story on visiting the Greenbrier Bunker! College Dorm Homies across the Hall were from well-connected Political Families. One told me of his Politico Dad being on that List; the 'Forunate Ones' - to cite a John Fogerty Lyric - to be evacuated from Washington D.C. when Nukes were detected coming at us from over the North Pole. His Dad was to go to a pre-assigned Evacuation Point. 'Copters were to zip them off to then-Top Secret Greenbrier Bunker. As he told the tale, the top of this Mountain there opened up - Clamshell-like Doors? - and the Copters descended right down onto a hidden Landing Pad. Later, when I read of the Greenbrier, I realized this wasn't all BS. ~200 or so of these Fortunate Ones would run the Government while underground for a year, and then emerge to post-Holocaust 'Mad Max World'. Our Tax Dollars at work, eh? Theme Music linked below...

- The Greenbrier Bunker -

A few Folks have 'The Vision', and have converted decommissioned old Minuteman Missle Silos out on the Colorado Plains to Homes. Readily visible Sites on Google Earth Satellite views.

Speaking of the Colorado Plains, they got hammered last night with Hail and a few Tornadoes. This ain't Kansas, Toto. Denver and surrounds caught it, too. See below. 2' of Hail in some areas that necessitated Snowplows to clear it all. I had just flopped into Bed when I heard that sound of Hail hammering my still-new Truck outside. I knew this Pea-sized Hail wouldn't dent it. Marble-sized Hail remodeled an SUV I had prior, and there ain't much to be done about it.

A Home Inspection on my Nickel starts in ~30 minutes. This kinda-unconventional move lets the Buyers know what they're bidding on, and I'll know what 'hidden' stuff I need to address pronto. A Video Company comes through next Monday to provide a Virtual Tour on line. Sign in the Yard, per my Marketing Scheme, next Wednesday saying 'Available Soon'. Showings scheduled on line start the Weekend after this while we escape for 3 days to the solitude of our Mountain House in order to be out of the way. These Showings can be reviewed via Texts to me so that we can watch Traffic/interest levels. House Sales in the Modern Age!

I've only Speed Read all the neat Guano goin' on here. Will have to Ketchup later...

- 'We Don't Need Another Hero' - Tina Turner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Hail.JPG (48.0 KB, 44 views)