Old 06-05-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
How can one be healthy is all ways, when the world is constantly eroding your soul?

It's very simple,art:
Don't allow the world to control you.
I don't watch the news. Don't watch paid programming. Don't listen to all the crap ya mention for one simple reason:
I see how it effects people that do and it doesnt look peaceful, serene, or fun.
You STILL have choices today, art: let everyone and everything control you or take control.

p.S.
What sharon said,too.
When I started in sobriety last year I turned off a lot of the extraneous noise. The hate channels (all network news programs) the hate blogs - left and right sides - deleted facebook noise (thank God) etc. I made a decision to insulate from the junk food of the airwaves. This includes commercials - ad's - most magazines.

My life is surrounded with books and information about growing spiritually - I watch pretty much only sports, history and Netflix on the tube - go to meetings and associate with those friends - post on SR and try to live in the spirit of the light!

Anything that detracts from that I try to eliminate. Sobriety is an inside jobs. It does not matter where I live........trust me.

Sure, I'd like to chill in the UP as well - but that would not keep me sober or make me drink.

People, places and things will not keep me sober or vice versa.

AF - I do understand the deluge of consumerism that surrounds us. The dark side it there, it's real and try's to snuff out the light. We need to decide if we are Warriors of the Light (Paulo Coelho) or not

Thanks for the great thread and reminder of what's really at stake!