Old 06-05-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

Becaused the 'crittur' ...

Because the 'crittur' you refer to is otherwise known as a 'real alcoholic' of which I amongst the other 10% of those generally referred to as alcoholics am one! Thanks for the insult and to whose recovery, the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous' is primarily dedicated to. Not least in Chapter 3,'More About Alcoholism' which specifically refers to those like me!

Supported by Charlie Parmley and Joe McQuany in their worldwide and well respected,'Joe and Charlie: Big Book Study Meetings' of which I have copes of original recordings together, following their passing. The book,'Joe & Charlie: The Big Book Comes Alive!' which is a transcript of those meetings, which, although it contains relevant references to the contents of the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous', when read in conjunction with it provides a full comprehensive guide to what the first 100 who got sober and contributed to its content were trying, amongst all the others who make up the book's contents, say.... Including AA's two co-founders, Bill Wilson and 'Dr.Bob'.

Now you may want to argue the 'why's' and 'wherefores' with this 'crittur' but you can't really argue against all those who've preceded me...neither does it show them much respect to refer to them as 'critturs'. Although you can call me what you want, not least as by learning from them I not only got into recovery but at a point where I believed, with good cause, I was dying from my illness. alcoholism. I had a ' spiritual or psychic experience' as referred to in the previously referred to book, lost all desire for alcohol and more importantly, am alive today to confirm all I've said Safe, sane and sober, a far cry from the person I used to be in my drinking days.

OBTW, first rule of advocacy, never ask a question you don't already know the answer to...