Old 06-05-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Joe Nerv

Thanks. Great article. I identify, very much, with everything that was said. He described my panic and depression (in his running experience ) quite well.

Like him I'm also grateful that medication didn't work for me. I feel it's because of the pain I was in that I was pushed continually to find what proved to be better solutions for me. Changing my diet, exercising, staying spiritually connected, and always looking 2 steps beyond the anxiety and depression. What he describes as looking past the clouds into the sky. Somehow I always believed in my body and mind's natural healing ability, and that belief has gotten me to where I am today. Free from depression, and crippling anxiety. Depression will most likely come visit me again, but as he states in that article, each time it becomes easier to navigate. And I don't fear it's return. With each depression I now know that I grow a little more, learn new skills, and continue to uncover parts of me I was previously unaware of.

My life hasn't been easy, and hasn't been a non stop bucket of joy and sunshine. I'm grateful for it all though because any pain I've had has pushed me to a better place. I heard someone say recently that they don't go through things anymore, they grow through them. I love that.