Thread: Paws
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
countrygirl2014

Ooooh I couldn't get that link to work. Ruby...sounds very familiar. I just hung on tight and muscled through it.
I have had a depressed day here or there but this was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced. I have either 7 or 8 months sober (I have to keep track on another app, works best for me not to count the days). All the way up until Friday night I was working my program hard. I was happy. Yeah there were bumps in the road but I used tools and got through them. Praying, writing my gratitude list, doing my meetings, my school thing, my volunteer thing. Then I woke up Saturday. Extreme darkness. Extreme anxiety. Suddenly obsessed with other people and their lives. Suddenly listening to music I haven't listened to since I was partying hard back in the 90's. All work on myself stopped. I didn't even go to my Wednesday meeting. I couldn't get out of bed. I felt hopeless. As quickly as it came on, it left. Today I feel clean, refreshed, I feel like I did on Friday. I don't want to listen to that music. I don't care how others are living there lives. I feel free again. Very strange. Someone at my meeting noticed I was very off on Monday and have me some paws info from their rehab yesterday. Interesting stuff. Someone here mentioned smoking...very interesting because I am still smoking. I am quitting with a friend on June 16th so I'm curious to see if that helps. Helps...I can't even say that for sure, this is the first time this happened. I think I thought I had paws once (cuz I read it on here and turned out I was just having my cranky time of the month) but that was false. That was just me thinking myself into a bad mood. This was unprovoked.

Jennifer