View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
nymets86

Yeah, I'm sort of curious about the same thing as amp. This is now by far the longest amount of sobriety I've had since 2007, when I went 3 months, but that more due to the need to lose weight than the desire to get sober, so this feels a lot different. I was also in my very early 20s in 2007 and at 29 now, there's a stronger desire to end the blackouts and hangovers than when I was younger and it just seemed totally normal since my friends were all getting pretty hammered all the time too.

Anyway, I've been sober 105 of the last 106 days, but I still crave drinks when I get home from work or class (used to drink at least one worknight a week, usually 2 and sometimes 3), and every weekend I need to carefully plan now to stay sober.

I was never a cigarette smoker, but I've been a heavy pot smoker in the past and up until February of this year, I'd be smoking at least once a week, always while drunk. I haven't smoked pot since February and have had maybe one or two cravings since then to smoke. I guess I was never addicted to pot, but it's basically just not something I think about very much at all and when I've been around friends smoking, it's easy for me to say "no thanks." I would LOVE to get to the point where I'm like that with booze, but it just doesn't seem possible.