View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Yeah, well I drank at the 2 month mark. Climbing back on the wagon, but I guess that I've forfeited my place here.

Frankly I wish that I found SR as supportive as many others obviously do. The time difference has been an issue for me. The time of the day I need some contact it is usually deserted.

I'll keep going though.....may look for a class where there are members in my time zone. Had a month in January, a couple more through April and May. This is best I've had in three years.

Anyway....getting these three months have been incredibly valuable. I've been able to generate some new habits and daily patterns that alcohol is not part of.

Part of the problem is not having a long term view or plan. It has just seemed too hard or unrealistic, I've just been day by day, week by week. Thinking this over carefully now.

So, I wish you remaining guys all the best for your continuing success.
There's no forfeiting of places canguy

If you ever feel you need support and noone else is around in this thread, you're welcome to take a look around the Under One Year thread (it's here in the daily support forum too).

You're always very welcome to start your own thread in the main forum too

Originally Posted by OMD View Post
Thanks D, I appreciate your thoughts. What do you mean by confusing abstinence with control? Sorry to be dim.

Thanks
OMD
Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
I've been thinking about that. I think she means that it's easy to believe that if you can abstain then you can also moderate.

In our heart of hearts we know the truth but AV plays that card to death...
Definitely a He, lol.

I did it lots of times - I thought that staying sober meant that alcohol no longer had that hold of me, and that I had control.

Seeing as I had that control, I could have the odd drink here and there like other normal people do...

I don't have to tell you how that worked out.

It took me 20 years of doing those mental gymnastics before I finally worked out abstinence does not equal control

I haven't drank now for 8 years but I know if I start again I'd be back in that same old place, if not worse.

D