View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Originally Posted by least View Post
Maybe I just don't 'get it', but I don't see how anyone can compile statistics about an anonymous organization. How do they get their numbers? I used to go to AA and no one was keeping tabs on who was sober.
"...IN 2011 more than 8,000 A.A. members from the U.S. and Canada participated in a random survey of the membership. Such studies have been conducted every three to four years since 1968 by the General Service Office.
Alcoholics Anonymous conducts this survey to keep members informed on current trends in membership characteristics. The survey also provides information about A.A. to the professional community and to the general public as part of A.A.’s purpose to carry our message to those who still suffer from alcoholism..." (from the most recent survey done by AA).

I don't know about everybody else, but I have participated in at least the last two. I guess it just depends on where you are or where you participate (just at meetings, also at local conventions, or at state conventions--big or small, or also at national conventions).

(o:
NoelleR