View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
tomsteve

No, IMO it was t right to write that to you.
I can't recall how many times I had something like that dine to me when I was drinking. My solution," I'll show you. You hurt me so I'll hurt myself by getting drunk."
And all it did was continue to keep me in the vicious cycle of self abuse. I was allowing others peoples opinion of me control my opinion of me and also control my actions.
Then I got sober. That's when I realized what I said earlier- I was trying to hurt them by getting drunk and only hurting myself. And I was allowjng others' opinions of me control me. And I didn't want to allow that any more. So I tookcontrol of MY actions. Stopped letting others control me. Took a look at myself and saw why others opionions of me bothered me so much.

Today if I let others' opinions of me control I'd be a screwed up mess as there's quite a few negative opinions of me out there.
And today it's not my problem or my business what others think of me. it is what God thinks of me that matters.
And I refuse to allow anyone to use me as a doormat.
that didn't materialize overnight or by sitting on my but expecting others to do the work. I did the work and it took T.I.M.E.

Choices- ya got em today,art. Let others control ya or take control.