View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SlickRick07

Originally Posted by Stratman1 View Post
Yo Rick. I know what you are going through, I can personally relate to every bit of your OP. So you are not alone in that regard.

I'm in the exact same boat here, it's really difficult. And not a lot of people are going to understand unfortunately. There are a few of us on this site in the 'Adult Children' subforum mainly.

So stick around, at the moment I am trying to accept the fact and am learning more about the conditions I grew up in. It's very difficult but it's the answer I have been looking for all my life.

You didn't answer about the drinking part? You are probably tired of hearing about that, I know I was. The professionals you see are likely not implying that your problems are caused by alcohol.

Thats what I thought, and was frustrated by that. The fact is that it exacerbates the negative feelings you are experiencing and will lead you toward total despair. Which is why it is so important.

I understand your frustrations with the health professionals, believe me. They may not fully understand what you are going through, and certainly they are not going through it with you.

Sometimes offering you a forum to vent, a cd to listen to or a book to read is all they can do then, so try not to feel at odds with those people. You are never truly alone, stick around bud...
I appreciate the reply. I haven't been sober for a long time. As I've said, I'm more frustrated than anything. I appreciate the reply, and I wish you luck with your own personal journey. As far as the VA clinic and having deployed, I expected more. But, I'm not here to place blame. In fact, I don't know why I'm here b/c its not to get sober, its the only thing that makes me feel alive. Otherwise I only feel like I'm drifting alone in the current. I'm present, but not here. Anyway, I'm not going to waste a forum's time with someone who has no intention of sobering up. I wish everyone luck. I think of everyone here often and always think well of this place.