View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

Yo Rick. I know what you are going through, I can personally relate to every bit of your OP. So you are not alone in that regard.

Originally Posted by SlickRick07 View Post
I can't say I've ever felt not alone. I was emotionally abused by my parents my entire childhood and I don't know what its like to have a support structure or people that love you.
I'm in the exact same boat here, it's really difficult. And not a lot of people are going to understand unfortunately. There are a few of us on this site in the 'Adult Children' subforum mainly.

So stick around, at the moment I am trying to accept the fact and am learning more about the conditions I grew up in. It's very difficult but it's the answer I have been looking for all my life.

You didn't answer about the drinking part? You are probably tired of hearing about that, I know I was. The professionals you see are likely not implying that your problems are caused by alcohol.

Thats what I thought, and was frustrated by that. The fact is that it exacerbates the negative feelings you are experiencing and will lead you toward total despair. Which is why it is so important.

I understand your frustrations with the health professionals, believe me. They may not fully understand what you are going through, and certainly they are not going through it with you.

Sometimes offering you a forum to vent, a cd to listen to or a book to read is all they can do then so try not to feel at odds with those people. You are never truly alone, stick around bud...