View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SlickRick07

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Hi, Rick.

I'm so sorry you're hurting.

Stick with SR. Post often. Join your monthly class. The link to the class of June 2015 is on the Newcomers Forum.

I joined my class and found the support there that helped me so much. The other day, I was telling a friend there -- one who had a really, really rough upbringing -- that the genetic lottery can be very unkind. But it doesn't prevent us from growing, finding other places in the world where we can become healthier people. And I truly believe that.

Life must feel hard right now. Please know that it can be better. By giving up alcohol -- forever -- we can create new paths for ourselves. Dee has given a lot of himself here in how he's shared his story. He shows us how very much is truly possible and very much in our reach.

I wish you the very best. Stick around.
Maybe that will help. I'm sure its better than the alternative. My phone stays silent. All my friends are busy with their owns lives.

I haven't been in a relationship since November. We had been together for a few months when her 6 month old baby brother was killed by a family member. I remember holding her for a week straight while she was crying. A few weeks after that I found out she had been cheating on me with someone from her home town the entire time we were together.

Such is life I suppose. I sometimes wonder what's wrong with me. Or what I did to deserve being abandoned by so many people after giving my heart. I remember the day she told me he died I spent the whole day drinking and crying.

I'm still here, and I guess that's something. I guess that's something. So that's why I'm here b/c no one else cares. Literally. I've got all these problems but nobody will listen and only tell me I'm okay. I'm not.