View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
miamifella

Originally Posted by Joe Nerv View Post

The article sums it all up by stating there's a 70% better chance you'll get sober using non 12 step methods, and that the success rate of people who use 12 step methods are less than 10%.
I have to ask what article this is? This claim seems so irresponsible I cannot believe it was written.

Are you sure they are not just saying that 70% of alcoholics would have a better chance in another program? Even that seems high given the lack of any serious statistics in this area, but at least it is closer to being in the realm of the possible.

---------------

I went back to the beginning of the thread. You said something different...that the article says that 70% of people who get sober do it without AA. That seems reasonable---and the fact that 30% of those who get sober do it WITH AA is quite an achievement for the fellowship.

Now you are saying that what I assume is the same article is saying your are 70% more likely to get sober without AA, which is something completely different.

You took an article which sounds as if it gave credit to AA for 30% and claim it is bashing it. No program will ever be 100% for everyone. Frankly, I doubt any program can ever get above the 30%!