View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Tippingpoint

4 years coming up soon and for some reason I felt compelled to check in.

PaddyB - I remember well following along with some of his drunken postings. All that pain and helplessness and being helpless to help him. I found it quite upsetting to see him in that way even though he was really just a stranger on the Internet. I knew that he was walking the edge of disastour but there was nothing any of us could do. Very sad to hear that he didn't make it.

Pumpkin - I still have dreams about drinking. I had a particularly insidious one the other night. In the dream I was still sober with my family and at work and with friends but I had intermittently been drinking in private and was amazed to find that it didn't make me crave alcohol at all. I could just drink and get drunk and then go back to normal the next day. ...

That AV can sure be sneaky.

Instant...love that you're in a band! I bought myself a new guitar recently and have been playing quite a bit. The guitar is an acoustic...solid wood made by a Canadian company - Norman Guitars. They're sort of a poor man's Martin. Sounds great to me!

I've been doing a lot of cycling...really worked hard at it this past winter. I rode indoors with a coach and got quite a bit fitter. I dropped about 10 pounds and now weigh the same as I did when I was 21 - 172 pounds. When I was drinking I weighed about 200 lbs.