View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AlcSis

I truly appreciate all of your replies and your honesty.

Wow, I have shared my concerns with 2 real life long-time friends who know my history with my sister and a fairly new friend and they ALL say things similar to what is being said here!! This makes me wonder: What is wrong with me?? Why am I so troubled about this situation? Why do I feel so bad about saying no to a sister who has treated me poorly at times (while drinking)? Says things to me and to others that I would NEVER think of saying. She is being so sweet on the phone and in texts now. Crazy making!

I am fighting feelings of guilt and long time role as the oldest, responsible child in a family of four.

And yet, because I have been hospitalized for my illness and stress is one of the worst factors impacting it, I need to acknowledge that I am also truly fighting for my life, as my health is so precarious.

I have even contemplated seeking advice from a professional. But I see so much wisdom here on this website . I know I need to listen to my real-life friends, SR advocates, and as one said above, "to my gut" feelings. I truly believe my Higher Power is speaking through all, and I need to listen.

Feeling an urgency to let her know of my decision as they are having open house today; they have already turned down one offer. The house is lovely, a great value and priced to sell. So - I need to let her know her my decision ASAP.

Thanks again for reading/listening. Writing all of this has been quite cathartic.

Hugs to all.