Thread: Positives!
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
hopscotch123

Originally Posted by neednewpath View Post
Exactly Hopscotch! I never really suffered from anxiety until the last couple of years when my drinking had really spiraled out of control! I had a hard time driving also. Sheer panic. It is amazing how much better every aspect of my life is. Most of my problems are solved! Even with all the positives, I have had urges today since I originally posted this thread. People are out drinking everywhere here today! I am staying the course, and rewarded myself with a small piece of chocolate cake and a movie. I take the moments as they come, ride the wave, and keep going.
Same, just one day after a heavy session I was waiting to pay for something hungover in the morning then bang, anxiety. Had no idea what was going on. Took a fair few months to work out that it was the booze making it happen. As time went on the anxiety got worse after each session.

I stopped last summer for just over a week and it nearly went completely, I was silly though and went for a 'few' beers with friends and was back to square one.