Thread: Anger Stage
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
noinsanity2423

Originally Posted by KristyCat View Post
So happy to hear you got out of there before you married her. You definitely dodged a bullet.

Break-ups are always a roller coaster of emotions. But as you sort through the anger, sadness, confusion, etc. you will finally start to feel real happiness, joy, and freedom. And you'll be so thankful you got out of this relationship. It sounds like it would have been a horrible, painful life.
Yeah, I saw where it was going. With how fast she was falling, it would not have been long before she got arrested for dealing drugs, a DUI, or died from using or a load of other problems caused by drugs and alcohol.

My youth pastor that I've started talking to said, "You didn't just dodge a bullet. You dodged a mortar round."

Getting out was the hardest thing that I had to do, but it would have been much harder if I had to bury her, face her family after that, watched her go to jail, or wound up in the grave or in jail with her.

I also just want to say that I'm starting to heal a lot better now that I've completely cut off communication with her and her entire family. The family was trying to draw me back, and there are also several alcoholics in her family that are just like her.

Lastly, I'm happy to say that I haven't had a drink myself in over a month. I've had to realize that I sometimes drank to deal with the hurt she was causing me or to "fit in" with her and her drunk friends. Maybe someday I'll be able to have one drink responsibly, since I've been able to do so in the past, but for now, I won't have another drop. I'm not going to use her coping mechanisms.