View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
VikingGF

Sorry- I have severely curtailed my online presence this week- and it's been so productive!! I miss my friends here though- and hope all are well.

Today we celebrate BRISKET. (Good luck, Strat!!!) Here are some things maybe you didn't know...

Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef or veal.
The beef brisket is one of the eight beef primal cuts.
The brisket muscles include the superficial and deep pectorals.
As cattle do not have collar bones, these muscles support about 60% of the body weight of standing/moving cattle.
This requires a significant amount of connective tissue, so the resulting meat must be cooked correctly to tenderize the connective tissue.

That's a lot of info- and I apologize to our vegetarians! If you know brisket, you are aware it is a low and slow protein- great in the oven or a crock pot. When I teach my crock pot classes, it's always included!

Much love to all my friends- I have been super busy- picked up extra hours at work and am dead tired at the end of the day, and then have to entertain my now gigantic puppy. Letting go of computer time seemed the right thing to do- but I do miss being here every day, so I will make more of an effort. Still clean and sober- I don't even count the days anymore, because if I'm never drinking again, why do I have to? Besides, we have Gilmer for that....

I will catch up on the thread this weekend- off to toss the frisbee with the girl.

24 more for me, and the best to everyone, hugs and encouragement to those who are struggling.