View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
RedManc7

Blue you can have all the rehab in the world but it comes from inside. The amount of lies I told myself and my fellow junkie brothers about getting clean, a plan. Rectifying things. New starts etc. Always said when you have a nice pile of smack in front of you and you are completely wackoed. Because I am so greedy my pals would save a little bit for the morning. I'd always do the lot in unless I'd bought loads, if I'd bought loads I'd be up at 430am like a kid at Xmas unable to sleep with excitement at getting into my stash. If I had none I'd wake up totally drained, with the feeling of sickness around the corner and after the big talk about one last hurrah the night before even having got subs to limit the damage the only thing that could get me out of bed was the call that my dealer was coming around the corner and I'd bounce out of bed and go meet her and the same cycle would start again. It's only a start if he wants it to be, honestly truly wants it to be and has accepted he is an addict and he can't stop thinking secretly I will stay clean then have a blow out for my birthday, for Xmas etc. I only managed to get clean once I finally accepted that I couldn't ever use heroin again. When your life has revolved around it for several years that is a hard thing to accept. The hardest. To the poster who printed off my post I'm glad it helped. It's the truth. For addicts the drug is the number 1 thing in their life. Nothing else comes close (maybe those with kids would say different but I can't comment on that) There is no glamour in addiction, the rituals we have around using make it almost like romance for us and our relationship with that drug. All I can say blue is if you want to stick by him good luck but remember you will only know the tip of the iceberg. My best mate got caught by his wife. He told her he'd been using 6 weeks, 6 years more like. Then a week after getting caught we had a bbq round at his, we made an excuse to go get more booze and scored more smack. I was saying to him your nuts she'll leave you and take the 2 kids with her if she finds out - he says she'll never think I'll have the nerve to do this - laughing as we always did when we were pulling the wool over people's eyes. Just a big game. Played by 2 big kids. And that after all the hurt we'd caused her (I got dragged into it as his business was going down the pan she asked how he afforded it and explained I'd been paying for him) we went back to the bbq with our props ( some beer, wine, snacks, cigarettes) she questioned why he took so Long we front it out she goes talks to her friends again and we wink and smirk at each other. Pathetic. Proud of our ability to deceive - those are the sort of values you hold in high regard as addicts. Blue you obviously want to share and get opinions - mine is to let go - however painful - because from what you say, he isn't ready to stop. He may never be ready. And even if he is to quote winston Churchill - Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.