View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Eauchiche

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
I’m sorry you feel disappointed after posting about your experience of viewing his FB page.

No, I don’t know where you are at with your own recovery or any details of your life.

I can only reply to this post regarding your feeling “pi@@ed off about what you saw on his FB page.

It sounds like you feel hurt that he seems to be moving on and making future vacation plans that probably do not include you and I am sorry you are hurting.

I think what most here were trying to express is that you wouldn’t be feeling this depth of hurt had you not viewed his FB page.

When we are not ready to let go of someone and are holding onto “hope” that they will come back to us, we bargain – we offer to pay for things that maybe is not our responsibility. We go into people pleasing mode thinking that if we jump through the hoop just one more time things we work out.

You probably do not have any contact with him and that is why you feel the need to spy on him via FB to see what’s going on his life. You say that you are separated you don’t’ use the term broken up which leads me to believe you are not letting go of this relationship where he may have.

Atalose,
Bless you 100,000 times. You absolutely hit the nail on the head. I came to a truth this morning during meditation: that I am powerless over moving on with my life.
Since realizing this, I am going to take active steps to find support in this regard.
As for my ex, as an active alcoholic, he has no problem using me or anyone else to maintain his addiction. Once again, he has been instrumental in my recovery, propelling me to step one again and again.
Thanks again!