Old 05-26-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
JeffreyAK

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
WOW that's incredible, literally. Second hand information passed along as fact. Not only is it passed along as fact, but it comes complete with a nonsensical 'motivation' of 'competition' strong enough to generate death threats . I'm sorry but I had to laugh when I read this.

What is the nature of this motivation to stamp out the "competition"? Is it financial? I don't think so. Nobody financially benefits from AA. There are no dues of fees. Perhaps it has something to do with power, prestige or fame. No, I don't think that's it either. AA members are anonymous. Perhaps the 'competitive' motivation is religious? Well that seems absurd on it's face, especially because the power greater than self can literally be anything, from ocean waves to doorknobs.

" AA operates effectively as a sober mafia"... "some of the resistance that exists has been carefully orchestrated".

It's truly amazing what some people can be lead to believe.
What's incredible is that you think I'm making this up, I know both people personally and got it straight from the horse's mouth. You should be more open-minded, the world isn't always what it seems and you don't have to defend AA to the last breath no matter what people actually do in the name of AA.