View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
FarToGo

Originally Posted by Vainstraw View Post
Dear friends,

I'm joining you in abstinence, starting today. I've drank the final glass of my favourite beverage, white white, and gazing though my living room's balcony, alone as usual when I'm drinking, realised the futility of feeding my escapism with alcohol for half my life so far.

I've been drinking immoderately for twenty years (I'm 41), mainly to forget a very strong inferiority complex that I've systematically tried to mitigate with compensatory narcissism. I've been living in ethylic fantasy, all the while avoiding my daily responsibilities as a father and as a teacher.

I'll be posting here every day, as regularly as possible, sharing with utmost sincerity my thoughts on my new life. Will you join me, with your experience, your hope, your advice?

Yours,

Francis
Welcome Francis,
I too have been drinking for a very long time ... 30 years. Mine to cover loneliness, whether with people or not, I've always felt lonely.
Maybe because we know why we've been drinking for so long it might help? I do hope so.
I've just completed 8 weeks and I'm getting better at daily responsibilities, but my loneliness rages, a longer job I think.
Good luck to you,

xx