View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Odisnow

Day 6 in the books for me kind of a frustrating day for me, not so much with me not drinking but more so with my crabby other half. I don't know if his bad mood has to do with me not drinking or with something completely different going on inside of him. I guess what is important right now Is that I'm working on me. He can work on him when he is ready. Until then I will continue to walk away and do something productive when he gets into his moods.

I read a couple posts about husbands/significant others not really understanding this site or wanting the stigma of the term alcoholic attached to you or themselves.

My response to this is that it's not really the label that matters, it is what you do with the information that you have about yourself. You are here because you, at one point, thought you may need help dealing with an issue with alcohol. Whatever that issue is or what you want to call it doesn't really matter. What does matter is what you do about it. If this website is a tool you use to deal with your issue and it is helping, well then that is all that matters. I personally am not a huge fan of labels because it puts people in boxes, which is a dangerous thing. For example, if your idea of an alcoholic is someone who NEEDS to drink everyday and you can go weeks without drinking, then by those standards, you are not an alcoholic therefore you can drink. Let's ignore the fact that you may make very poor choices when you drink or blackout or drink for days. Wow that is a scary thing right there. I know, because I was/am there myself. I think, the sooner we can stop worrying about what to call ourselves or which category we may fit in and just accept that we or I guess I should say, I have decided that alcohol does not work in my life and i need to do what's best to make sure I stick to that plan, and I will be better off. Ok so clearly this is all my opinion so sorry if I offend anyone or your plan doesn't fit what I'm saying. This is simply how I think and what seems to work for me now and has in the past. So I guess that will end my little rant lol I hope everyone is having an amazing day and finds the strength to stay sober today despite whatever may come your way. Good night!