View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Cissy

Originally Posted by chanty View Post
I will try that Site, I do need add more to my plan. Reading, I think is a great idea, will definitely try that, and coming here. Its just realizing that I need to Halt is what I'm having trouble with. The thought comes to drink and I just go with it, with out even trying to stop myself. Hopefully I will be more aware of that next time.
I can totally relate to this kind of compulsion but mine was in regard to calling in sick to work when I was just tired or didn't feel like going in. Once the thought entered my mind, no matter how long and how hard I tried to overcome it and just go in, I always called in sick. I lost jobs over it and even the jobs I didn't lose, I was always being given warnings.

Is there another area in your life that you find you do the same thing, where once the thought enters your mind, you're as good as done? It might help to give you some insight if you can see what else mirrors this in your life.

May God give you the strength to pull back from the thought to drink, to recognize that it's not you but your AV, and that you can see that you have all the power to make the right choice, as well as the wrong one. (((Hugs)))