View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Hello, friends!

Welcome back, ANewDayNYC & jsm273 & MyTime86 & ChickChick! This is a safe place & we’re glad you’re all here and any day!

Congratulations to our wonderful milestoner today, Altoids with 10 Amazing Months!! And because every day is a milestone, congratulations to all & thanks for being here and inspiring us all to keep at it, one day after the next!

Here’s the list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from May 24 to noon, May 25, New York local:

1newcreation
airwick
Alynn
ANewDayNYC
aussieblue
BarbieKen
biminiblue
Bubovski
BuddinK
Cascabel
CaseyW
ChickChick
ChloeRose63
Coco60
Coldfusion
courage2
DaneK
Della1968
erfra7
Findingtheway
FormerBeerLover
fromadistance
Gilmer
Goat
Grateful11
growpath
grtgrandpa
HeartsAfire
Hevyn
immri
ishallnotwant
Jeni26
jsm273
Justincredible
Kaneda8888
Kris47
lanier
least
Lily123
MarathonMan
Marcher13
mystified
MyTime86
NoGoingBack
nymets86
PeppermintPatty
Placebo
Purpleknight
site1Q84
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
Solarion
sthlondonab
strategery
Surrender2win
tgirl
tootsl1
Trees39
venuscat
yukonm
zeppodog

Thanks to everyone who gave me a suggestion for a saint. Keep 'em coming! Reading about Fiacre and Boniface led me all around, and where I ended up was with the story of Saint Gummarus.

Saint Gummarus is the patron saint of bad marriages, lumberjacks, foresters, and woodcutters. One day he was sitting under an oak tree with his wife, a real shrew (hence the patronage of bad marriages). Somehow due to her cruelty, the old tree’s trunk cracked and the tree broke in half. Gummarus bandaged the trunk with his belt, and the oak became whole again and bloomed.

What does St. Gummarus tell me about recovery? But I like the story, a damaged marriage & a mended tree. See you all here tomorrow, I hope!