View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Cissy

Hi, everyone. I read everything you all post and I am in each of your corners but I just can't comment on things that I'd like to. There are so many of us and I'd have to do multiquotes or take notes in order to keep it all straight. Saying that, I am so proud of each of you who are holding strong to sobriety even in the face of strong temptation, and I'm filled with hope for those of you who have stumbled but are still here with us. It takes a lot of courage to stand there and say, "I oopsed again." If I did it, it wouldn't be just for one day but more like for one week.

You athletic ones are blowing my socks off. I'm a couch potato and I hate that about me but I guess it's never too late to get active. Where I'm moving to, I can't let the dog out alone so I'll be taking her out for walks at least 4 times a day. Maybe not necessarily a "walk" each time but at least I will have to leave the house on a regular basis.

And because I'm moving, I'm about to join you ladies who are talking about how great it feels to kick some @$$ around the house. I'm going to look at the whole process like you said, as if I'm not just cleansing the house but scrubbing the dirt and grime from my former life off of me as well. When I move, I will be in a place that has never seen a bottle of wine or 12-pack of beer. (Or big-ass bottle of vodka.)

I was thinking that I would want to drink when I got all moved in, just to christen the place or as a reward for having gotten the move accomplished but that's just my AV talking. I will resist and if it's truly a struggle, I know to come here first so you can talk me through it.

Sorry the weather is so sucky in Wisconsin. It's absolutely glorious on the northeastern part of the USA. Hardly ever happens when there's a holiday that's known for big outdoor festivities so we earned this one! Planning a camping trip? Bring tarps and umbrellas. Outdoor wedding? You're a real gambler.

I gotta say though. Lately I'm not feeling so bad about living here. It's been downright pleasant. Spring fills me with wonder and a sense of gratitude though.

Before I start to wax poetic (wish I could but don't have that skill,) I'm going to post this and let you all read it and then I'm going to actually get something done around here. Thanks for the inspiration!

Oh! And all the newcomers need to get onboard the "explain your name and avi" train. Happy Memorial Day weekend, all. (((Hugs)))