View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
AGAGONNHOJ

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
AGAGON,

We feel tired in the early quit partially because we are used to all the STRESS hormones that drinking makes our body produce. Adrenaline and cortisol.

Alcohol is a poison and our bodies have to literally fight to process it.

It gets better. I'm currently on day 3 for this quit and am right there with you (very tired). On my previous quits, it's about week 3 where I started to feel rested (and slept OK at night). I actually just re-read a lot of my old posts to try and inspire myself, and that week seemed to be the magic week. Stick with it, it gets better!
Thanks man. I'm a few days away from completing week 4 - part of it definitely is my body still adjusting - but only partly - I did most of Feb (apart from 2 slip ups) and all of March sober without any withdrawal problems - but the in Songkran (mid-April), fell off the wagon big time - and then at the end of April, got drunk again due to employment/anxiety issues.

Most of its the fact that my new job is pretty demanding, and I've been massively over-exercising, drinking too much caffeine, and perhaps not eating enough. Should probably try and rectify that this week.

Anyways gotta run - its 1.30pm here, got a 2 hour private tuition session coming up, then an hours motorbike ride back to my flat in Thoeng - Big Love xx