View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

I usually never post on threads in Newcomers because I am not an alcoholic or addict…but addiction runs in my family like a thread that binds the generations.

You are not my stepson, but you could be.

When he drinks, he can be cocky and sarcastic “yeah, I got it all under control. It’s all good”.

Or, it is the end of the world “I’m too f’d up to keep going. I’m going to throw myself off the next bridge”.

He frequently posts music lyrics or videos to Facebook thinking he is being clever, witty, and insightful. Unfortunately, no one ever responds to his posts anymore. He has lost most of his friends.

What he posts publicly is also only about ¼ of what he is capable of at his worst. He has threatened to kill 3 members of his own family in the past. He can be a very scary man.

My stepson admitted to a friend in one of his rare, sober, and honest moments that he drinks because it gets the voices in his head to shut up. The voices that tell him he’s a piece of s***.

But he isn’t a POS…covered up by his disease is a good and kind young man. Right now, the alcoholism is winning.

Please don’t let the alcoholism win, Thomas.